Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting an external monitor to my MacBook Air

I am trying to connect my MacBook Air to my LG monitor using a USB-C to 4K HDMI cable. When I select the HDMI input on the monitor, I see my wallpaper - but nothing else! It's like only a part of the laptop is displaying on the monitor. Help!!!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 1:40 PM

What you are seeing is the extended desktop from your MacBook Air. You can drag windows from your Mac's screen onto the external monitor by moving them past the edge of the MacBook Air's actual screen on whatever side of the Mac the display is on.

If you want to see a mirror image of what is on your MacBook Air, go to System Preferences->Displays->Displays Settings, click on your External display, and and make sure Use as, is set to Mirror Display.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 1:40 PM in response to DoS Diplomat

What you are seeing is the extended desktop from your MacBook Air. You can drag windows from your Mac's screen onto the external monitor by moving them past the edge of the MacBook Air's actual screen on whatever side of the Mac the display is on.

If you want to see a mirror image of what is on your MacBook Air, go to System Preferences->Displays->Displays Settings, click on your External display, and and make sure Use as, is set to Mirror Display.

Connecting an external monitor to my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.