Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I download any images from google?

For some reason my iPad won’t let me download images from google anymore. It used to work, I’d just hold down the image until it said “save image” but now it doesn’t say it anymore it just says “search image” it lets me save images in other apps like Pinterest and screenshots but just not google.

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 1:50 PM

Hello Totall_stranger,

What type of iPad do you use? Here's how you can identify your iPad model: Identify your iPad model - Apple Support. What version of the iPadOS software do you currently have installed on your device? You can find this in Settings > General > About.

When you attempt to save these images, are you using the Safari browser, Google Chrome browser, or something else? Does the problem happen only from the Google website or on other websites?

If you see an error message, what does the error message say?

Once more information is posted, others in the Apple Support Communities may be able to jump in and offer support.

Cheers!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2022 1:50 PM in response to Totall_stranger

Hello Totall_stranger,

What type of iPad do you use? Here's how you can identify your iPad model: Identify your iPad model - Apple Support. What version of the iPadOS software do you currently have installed on your device? You can find this in Settings > General > About.

When you attempt to save these images, are you using the Safari browser, Google Chrome browser, or something else? Does the problem happen only from the Google website or on other websites?

If you see an error message, what does the error message say?

Once more information is posted, others in the Apple Support Communities may be able to jump in and offer support.

Cheers!

Jun 8, 2022 7:01 AM in response to Totall_stranger

Totall_stranger,

There is an update for your iPad. However, when navigating to Settings > Privacy > Photos are you seeing Chrome has access to all photos?

If needed, the guide page here also has the steps to help you check. Control access to information in apps on iPad

Also, have you tried closing the Chrome app and a normal restart of your iPad?

If not, after testing the privacy settings above you can complete those steps.

Restart your iPad

Keep us posted on the results, or let us know if you have any questions about those steps. We're happy to continue to help.

Best!

Jun 7, 2022 9:00 PM in response to Totall_stranger

I’m not an expert at tech but in settings, for the model number, it says A2270 and for the iPadOS software it says 14.6, when I try to save the images I use the google app. To save images I would hold down the image and there would be a pop up that said “download image” and “share image” but now when I hold down the images it just show a minimized version of the picture with a pop-up that says “search inside image” I can’t show what it looked liked before but I did save a screenshot of what it looks like now

Why can’t I download any images from google?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.