Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant hear call on phone

I cant hear people when I'm on a phone call. When they are on speaker it works fine. I’ve tried all obvious settings. Its an Iphone xr

Bruce

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 9:08 PM

Wildoh99 Said:

"Cant hear call on phone: The above are the obvious things I've already tried. As i said speakers work fine. Its just when Im on a call with out speaker phone on"

-------

Troubleshooting Muted iPhone:

A. Unmute the Apps: Adjust the volume bar on the apps themselves.

B. A Few Links that May Help:

C. Contact your Carriers:

I've had this issue with someone on the other end. Usually it is on either end. So, contact your own carriers, asking them for assistance with this, as they provide you with the service of Cellular.

D. Restore form a Backup:

Restore your iPhone from a backup prior to having this issue, and that might find this.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 9:08 PM in response to Wildoh99

Wildoh99 Said:

"Cant hear call on phone: The above are the obvious things I've already tried. As i said speakers work fine. Its just when Im on a call with out speaker phone on"

-------

Troubleshooting Muted iPhone:

A. Unmute the Apps: Adjust the volume bar on the apps themselves.

B. A Few Links that May Help:

C. Contact your Carriers:

I've had this issue with someone on the other end. Usually it is on either end. So, contact your own carriers, asking them for assistance with this, as they provide you with the service of Cellular.

D. Restore form a Backup:

Restore your iPhone from a backup prior to having this issue, and that might find this.

Jun 6, 2022 8:50 PM in response to Wildoh99

Wildoh99 Said:

"Cant hear call on phone: I cant hear people when I'm on a phone call. When they are on speaker it works fine. I’ve tried all obvious settings. Its an Iphone XR Bruce"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Audio:

Use These Links:

Jun 29, 2022 1:16 PM in response to Wildoh99

We have the same problem with the iPhone SE 3rd gen, purchased 12 days ago. Other audio is just fine. It's the phone calls -- they hear us fine on the other end, but we can BARELy hear them at our end unless we put it on speaker. Have done all those "suggested" fixes and they do not help. We have called our carrier several times about this. Our other iPhone has never had this problem in 3 years. If we call Apple, will they help?

Cant hear call on phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.