Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

syncing phone with photo app

When I connect iPhone12 to new Mac Pro and open the photos app, it will not auto load any new pics to import. What is wrong and how do I correct this?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 10:54 PM

I assume that you connect your iPhone with a cable and use PhotoStream to transfer the photos, is this correct?

What iOS version are you using?

Some user report issues with iOS 15.4.1, please update your iPhone to iOS 15.5.

Please check what format your photos have.

My Photo Stream - Apple Support

Photo formats that you can use with My Photo Stream

My Photo Stream supports JPEG, TIFF, PNG, and most RAW photo formats. My Photo Stream doesn't support video or Live Photos.

In the past the format was automatically converted, looks like this is currently not working anymore for some user.

Maybe you have to adjust the camera settings to "Most Compatible"

Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

Though capturing in HEIF and HEVC format is recommended, you can set these devices to capture media using the older formats, which are more broadly compatible with other devices and operating systems:

1. Go to Settings > Camera.
  2. Tap Formats.
  3. Tap Most Compatible. This setting is available only on devices that can capture media in HEIF or HEVC format, and only when using iOS 11 or later.
  4. All new photos and videos will now use JPEG or H.264 format. To return to using the space-saving HEIF and HEVC formats, choose High Efficiency.

Ralf

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 10:54 PM in response to WoodchuckMot

I assume that you connect your iPhone with a cable and use PhotoStream to transfer the photos, is this correct?

What iOS version are you using?

Some user report issues with iOS 15.4.1, please update your iPhone to iOS 15.5.

Please check what format your photos have.

My Photo Stream - Apple Support

Photo formats that you can use with My Photo Stream

My Photo Stream supports JPEG, TIFF, PNG, and most RAW photo formats. My Photo Stream doesn't support video or Live Photos.

In the past the format was automatically converted, looks like this is currently not working anymore for some user.

Maybe you have to adjust the camera settings to "Most Compatible"

Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

Though capturing in HEIF and HEVC format is recommended, you can set these devices to capture media using the older formats, which are more broadly compatible with other devices and operating systems:

1. Go to Settings > Camera.
  2. Tap Formats.
  3. Tap Most Compatible. This setting is available only on devices that can capture media in HEIF or HEVC format, and only when using iOS 11 or later.
  4. All new photos and videos will now use JPEG or H.264 format. To return to using the space-saving HEIF and HEVC formats, choose High Efficiency.

Ralf

syncing phone with photo app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.