Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcuts automation

is there a way to turn on and off in settings apps the notifications of an app when i leave or arrive at a location

so basically when I come and go from my house I want to have the notifications of an app in setting turn on and off

another example is I have a camera app that I have notifications turned off in the settings app when I am at home but I want to have notifications turn on when I leave the house

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 11:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 11:45 PM

jason ~ Yes, there is a way... "When you set up a Focus, you can select Allowed Notifications from people and apps. ":

Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

..,Once you've set up a Focus in Settings > Focus, you can turn that Focus on/off in your automation:

Create a new personal automation in Shortcuts on iPhone or iPad

When setting up your automation, in the Do section search for the Set Focus action. That action's default setting is Turn Do Not Disturb Off — so tap on "Do Not Disturb" and choose the Focus you've previously set up in Settings.

õ¿õ¬

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 11:45 PM in response to jasonmackendric00ic

jason ~ Yes, there is a way... "When you set up a Focus, you can select Allowed Notifications from people and apps. ":

Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

..,Once you've set up a Focus in Settings > Focus, you can turn that Focus on/off in your automation:

Create a new personal automation in Shortcuts on iPhone or iPad

When setting up your automation, in the Do section search for the Set Focus action. That action's default setting is Turn Do Not Disturb Off — so tap on "Do Not Disturb" and choose the Focus you've previously set up in Settings.

õ¿õ¬

Shortcuts automation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.