Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of a third party icon from my menu bar in Monterey?

I have an icon in my menu bar that I cannot get rid of with dragging and dropping. I've searched all over the internet and come up with nothing, not even on this discussion board.

How do I get rid of it? It's the Adobe iCloud icon. I can't find an answer in Adobe discussions either probably because they want me to keep it.

Can someone please tell me how to remove this third party icon from my menu bar?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 2:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 4:29 PM

I solved it.

I finally found an answer on someone's blog. It said to click on the icon and open the app. Then on the lefthand side of the menu click on the name of the item "Adobe Creative Cloud" choose preferences and change the settings from there. So simple. Don't know why I didn't think of that myself. I just got annoyed every time it opened which happened wether I left or right clicked on it and I just kept closing it.

But like every app, we can change the preferences in the dropdown list when we click on the name of it next to the Apple symbol on the left side of the menu bar.

Thanks everyone for offering suggestions.

I hope my fix helps others too.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2022 4:29 PM in response to writesuccess

I solved it.

I finally found an answer on someone's blog. It said to click on the icon and open the app. Then on the lefthand side of the menu click on the name of the item "Adobe Creative Cloud" choose preferences and change the settings from there. So simple. Don't know why I didn't think of that myself. I just got annoyed every time it opened which happened wether I left or right clicked on it and I just kept closing it.

But like every app, we can change the preferences in the dropdown list when we click on the name of it next to the Apple symbol on the left side of the menu bar.

Thanks everyone for offering suggestions.

I hope my fix helps others too.

Jun 7, 2022 3:16 AM in response to writesuccess

One or both of the previous replies will probably work.

If not, then please clarify. “Adobe iCloud” does not seem right. Can you show us what the icon looks like?

And if it is there, there must be some Adobe (assuming it is Adobe) software that you have and that put it there. It may also have a preference setting for this. Please clarify.

How do I get rid of a third party icon from my menu bar in Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.