Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Working with Sony FX9 S-Log files in FCPX

Hi,

I am using FCPX 10.4.8 and having trouble working with the footage shot in Sony S-Log3 on the Sony FX9.

FCPX is automatically adjusting the colour (or adding a LUT) to the S-Log footage from the Sony FX9 when importing. This is not wanted.

I have footage from 2 cameras: The Sony FX3 and the Sony FX9

I have a mixture of footage shot in both S-Cinetone and S-Log from both cameras.

There is no problems with the S-Log footage from the Sony FX3 camera. It imports the ungraded S-Log footage without making any changes.

I have tried importing the raw files via FCP as well as importing transcoded files via Catalyst browse and also directly from the camera's card and each time I get the same result.

I need the files from the Sony FX9 to remain in S-Log to be able to do a colour grade in FCPX

Has anybody else had this problem or know how to resolve this?

Thanks

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 11:12 AM

Change the metada view in the Info Inspector to General; look for Camera LUT and choose None.

You can do this for multiple clips at once.

Similar questions

2 replies

Working with Sony FX9 S-Log files in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.