Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

By bringing in the folders ~/Library/mail and mailbox from old machine to new mac machines will allow me to restore my old mailboxes ?

By bringing in the folders ~/Library/mail and mailbox from old machine to new mac machines will allow me to restore all my previous mailboxes ? I have the latest Monterey 12.4 OS on my MacBook 2019 and moving to MacBook 2021

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 12:30 PM

DD000 wrote:

By bringing in the folders ~/Library/mail and mailbox from old machine to new mac machines will allow me to restore all my previous mailboxes ? I have the latest Monterey 12.4 OS on my MacBook 2019 and moving to MacBook 2021

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

—————————————————————

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2022 12:30 PM in response to DD000

DD000 wrote:

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

—————————————————————

Jun 22, 2022 1:51 PM in response to leroydouglas

I'm sorry, but Migration Assistant does not work well with Monterey. I just spent 3.5 hours on with tech support the other day due to errors caused by Migration Assistant, and in the end -- at the advice of tier 2 tech support -- had to delete my profile, create an entirely new one, reinstall my programs from scratch, and manually carry all my document folders over from the old computer on an external drive. I am now at the point where I need to move over printer drivers and mailboxes, so please, could you just answer the question? Thank you.

By bringing in the folders ~/Library/mail and mailbox from old machine to new mac machines will allow me to restore my old mailboxes ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.