You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Memo Freezes

I noticed my voice memo froze as soon as I stopped recording. It shows the screen to either play the recording or pause or start recording again and none of the actions are responsive. It sometimes shows at the top it is only 3 min recording and sometimes 28 mins (which is the full length). I DO NOT want to lose this recording, but it seems there is no option other than to restart the app. In my previous experience it has always dropped the part of my recording. Since it happened to me again today, I switched to settings are bought additional storage to ensure I have space for it in my iCloud. @Apple Support - is this action retroactive? I still haven't quit the app as I want to recover the recording. Please help me navigate this. Thanks!

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 12:33 PM

2 replies

Jun 7, 2022 12:46 PM in response to J21dw

What do you mean you "bought additional storage"..? You CANNOT buy additional storage, the amount of storage on your device is fixed. iCloud storage (which is presumably what you meant) has nothing to do with the physical storage on your device. All voice memos are stored locally (although they're synced via iCloud if you've iCloud syncing turn on) with your other devices. iCloud is predominantly a syncing service, not a cloud storage service like Dropbox. I don't know what's happening with this memo, but I would hazard a guess that you don't have enough space on your device to save it.

Buying additional iCloud capacity won't affect the amount of storage on your device.

Jun 7, 2022 1:10 PM in response to NoctuaAthene

So my local storage has enough space to save the recording. My trouble is that it recorded my 32-min long recording and disabled the "Done" at the bottom right for me to save it. So it essentially froze and when I contacted Apple support and shared my phone screen I saw the recordings list only had 3 mins of the entire session saved.

Voice Memo Freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.