Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Notes after iOS update

Lost notes after 15.5 upgrade. Account setting is correct with Notes on, no delete folder or any folders, not available from iCloud. What's left, don't what to reset phone will lose way too much.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 9:52 PM

HappyDay66 Said:

"Lost Notes: Lost notes after 15.5 upgrade. Account setting is correct with Notes on, no delete folder or any folders, not available from iCloud. What's left, don't what to reset phone will lose way too much."

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Notes:

A. Where to Go:

B. Restore from a Backup:

Have any backups of your iPhone that contains these notes? If so, restore your iPhone from a backup, and you could recover them.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2022 9:52 PM in response to HappyDay66

HappyDay66 Said:

"Lost Notes: Lost notes after 15.5 upgrade. Account setting is correct with Notes on, no delete folder or any folders, not available from iCloud. What's left, don't what to reset phone will lose way too much."

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Notes:

A. Where to Go:

B. Restore from a Backup:

Have any backups of your iPhone that contains these notes? If so, restore your iPhone from a backup, and you could recover them.

Jun 7, 2022 9:18 PM in response to SravanKrA

I am also having the same problem. I finished writing a note a few hours ago, then clicked on the back arrow to go to my list of notes. I then clicked on “folders.” The screen froze for a second, then it refreshed and it only showed an Outlook folder with no notes. No “local folder”, no “on my iPhone” folder with my 10 notes. Just the outlook folder with zero notes. I made sure the notes settings were all set right, turned my phone off and on, and no change. I then updated to 15.5, hoping to fix it, but to no avail. I am using an iPhone 12 Mini.

Lost Notes after iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.