Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes slow loading

Recently it is taking 60 - 90 seconds for Itunes to load. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it twice.

I am running a i7-8700 with 32gb ram. 500gb free on my primary ssd.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pat

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 12:00 PM

Hi PatFreel,

Uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes was a great step to try. When you took that step, did you also uninstall any iTunes-related software? Learn more about this here: Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later.

Don't uninstall these components in a different order, or only uninstall some of them. Doing so might have unintended effects. After you uninstall a component, you might be prompted to restart your computer. Wait to restart your computer until you're finished removing all of the components.

Having the latest software can help with overall performance, so it's also a good idea to make sure you're running the latest version of software available for your computer. 

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2022 12:00 PM in response to PatFreel

Hi PatFreel,

Uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes was a great step to try. When you took that step, did you also uninstall any iTunes-related software? Learn more about this here: Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later.

Don't uninstall these components in a different order, or only uninstall some of them. Doing so might have unintended effects. After you uninstall a component, you might be prompted to restart your computer. Wait to restart your computer until you're finished removing all of the components.

Having the latest software can help with overall performance, so it's also a good idea to make sure you're running the latest version of software available for your computer. 

Best regards.

Itunes slow loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.