Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get iOS 16 on my iPad Air 2nd generation?

Just a quick question.How do I get IOS 16 on my iPad Air 2nd generation?Thank you for your time.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 1:33 AM

iOS/iPadOS16 has been announced at Apple’s WWDC - but will not be released as a production version until much later this year; historically, Apple tends to release the “next” major version around September.

At present, the first beta release is only available to registered Developers.

The first public beta versions are not expected to be available for many weeks. Even when publicly released, you should expect to encounter significant bugs and unfinished features; Apple recommended that beta releases are not installed on your primary devices - as data may be lost and/or files created are not guaranteed to be compatible with future or current production releases of the Operating System.

This article from iMore outlines published iPad compatibility by model:

https://www.imore.com/my-ipad-compatible-ipados-16

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2022 1:33 AM in response to Zane0

iOS/iPadOS16 has been announced at Apple’s WWDC - but will not be released as a production version until much later this year; historically, Apple tends to release the “next” major version around September.

At present, the first beta release is only available to registered Developers.

The first public beta versions are not expected to be available for many weeks. Even when publicly released, you should expect to encounter significant bugs and unfinished features; Apple recommended that beta releases are not installed on your primary devices - as data may be lost and/or files created are not guaranteed to be compatible with future or current production releases of the Operating System.

This article from iMore outlines published iPad compatibility by model:

https://www.imore.com/my-ipad-compatible-ipados-16

How do I get iOS 16 on my iPad Air 2nd generation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.