Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Mac app store do not change region as i change my account

I have a Chinese apple account which is my primary account with all the iCloud information. Now I'm in the US, so I get another US apple account for my apple music and fitness+ subscription. Now, I changed my account in the mac app store to the US account, but the app store's content is still in Chinese, so some apps are not available to me.

How should I set up this so I can have my primary Chinese account as the main account for an iCloud while having the US account as the app store and other app subscriptions?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 7:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 2:45 PM

Hi larrychen2330,

"Depending on your country or region, you might not be able to buy, download, or subscribe to certain types of media. The availability and features of certain apps, movies, and more can vary. "

You can find this information and helpful details here: Availability of Apple Media Services

Additionally, payment methods must match the region of the Apple ID or iCloud account.

"Before you update your location, you must spend your store credit, cancel your subscriptions, and get a payment method for your new country or region." Found here: Change your Apple ID country or region

If the payment method matches the Apple ID or iCloud account for purchases use the section "Use your computer to change your region" which is also quoted below.

"Use your computer to change your region

1. Open the Music app or iTunes.
  2. In the menu bar at the top of the screen or the top of the iTunes window, click Account, then click View My Account. 
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  4. On the Account Information page, click Change Country or Region.
  5. Mac showing the Account Information page.
  6. Select your new country or region.
  7. Review the Terms & Conditions, then click Agree. Click Agree again to confirm.
  8. Enter your new payment information* and billing address, then click Continue.

You can also find helpful steps in the guide here: Change your country or region code in the App Store on Mac

And check your Media & Purchases settings with the steps here: Set up your Apple ID media and purchase settings on Mac

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2022 2:45 PM in response to larrychen2330

Hi larrychen2330,

"Depending on your country or region, you might not be able to buy, download, or subscribe to certain types of media. The availability and features of certain apps, movies, and more can vary. "

You can find this information and helpful details here: Availability of Apple Media Services

Additionally, payment methods must match the region of the Apple ID or iCloud account.

"Before you update your location, you must spend your store credit, cancel your subscriptions, and get a payment method for your new country or region." Found here: Change your Apple ID country or region

If the payment method matches the Apple ID or iCloud account for purchases use the section "Use your computer to change your region" which is also quoted below.

"Use your computer to change your region

1. Open the Music app or iTunes.
  2. In the menu bar at the top of the screen or the top of the iTunes window, click Account, then click View My Account. 
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  4. On the Account Information page, click Change Country or Region.
  5. Mac showing the Account Information page.
  6. Select your new country or region.
  7. Review the Terms & Conditions, then click Agree. Click Agree again to confirm.
  8. Enter your new payment information* and billing address, then click Continue.

You can also find helpful steps in the guide here: Change your country or region code in the App Store on Mac

And check your Media & Purchases settings with the steps here: Set up your Apple ID media and purchase settings on Mac

Cheers!

my Mac app store do not change region as i change my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.