Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Terrible wifi connection

How can I improve my wifi connection? I only use my apple tv for tv, but my wifi network is a shared network, and the connection is horrible. Goes out about every 30 sec. I only have my apple tv box though. The modem, router, etc is all located in the main office building so I can't just reset it when it gets slow. I get that a shared network will be slower when more people are on it but I'm in a trailer park. There aren't 1000s of people jumping on for free wifi, there's literally 30 people who only connect to find out where the cheapest cigarettes are so they can stock up in between trips to walmart. Do I need a booster of some sort or can I adjust my settings? This is driving me nuts

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 11:43 PM

No setting on the Apple TV box can improve your “terrible” Wi-Fi.

If the Wi-Fi infrastructure isn’t yours, then there isn’t much you can do. The signal diminishes with distance, so outdoor mesh boosting will have to be part of that infrastructure in large open terrain like a park. If the router needs to be reset, then that is something that the staff near the router should do.

If you are part of the staff, then request a wired ethernet connection to your unit (just like you have wired electricity), with a local secondary Wi-Fi router for your devices. It may require some digging to have it underground, but imho the best solution.

What might be possible, is to use a secondary router just for your spot, with directional antenna, as you don’t have to get a signal 360° around you. That could cover large distances. The design (shape) on the antenna and the max distance are related.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2022 11:43 PM in response to msutton13

No setting on the Apple TV box can improve your “terrible” Wi-Fi.

If the Wi-Fi infrastructure isn’t yours, then there isn’t much you can do. The signal diminishes with distance, so outdoor mesh boosting will have to be part of that infrastructure in large open terrain like a park. If the router needs to be reset, then that is something that the staff near the router should do.

If you are part of the staff, then request a wired ethernet connection to your unit (just like you have wired electricity), with a local secondary Wi-Fi router for your devices. It may require some digging to have it underground, but imho the best solution.

What might be possible, is to use a secondary router just for your spot, with directional antenna, as you don’t have to get a signal 360° around you. That could cover large distances. The design (shape) on the antenna and the max distance are related.

Terrible wifi connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.