Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD

My mother gave me her old ipad. Before she gave it to me she deleted all of her stuff. Now I am trying to set the ipad up for me and it is asking for a password. What password do I use?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 9:05 AM

Your Mother needs to properly prepare the iPad for re-use:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Following the correct procedures, the iPad can be set-up “as new” - without any need for old Passwords or Passcodes. Until properly prepared, you will inevitably encounter all kinds of issues - including Activation Locks that will inhibit future use of the iPad.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2022 9:05 AM in response to travelRNLaura

Your Mother needs to properly prepare the iPad for re-use:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Following the correct procedures, the iPad can be set-up “as new” - without any need for old Passwords or Passcodes. Until properly prepared, you will inevitably encounter all kinds of issues - including Activation Locks that will inhibit future use of the iPad.

IPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.