Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

found Airpods

Hi, I found Airpods on the AirPort. How I could contact owner?

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 9:43 AM

mhroch wrote:

Hi, I found Airpods on the AirPort. How I could contact owner?

No means to do that. Apple won’t identify owners. Turn them into whoever is managing the location where they were found, or to local police if that’s an option for you.

8 replies

Jun 8, 2022 2:18 PM in response to mhroch

mhroch wrote:

I found it on the gate while boarding.
is there some way how owner can contact me?

No.

Apple will not identify the owner, and the devices are not cellular-connected so no remote comms to the device, and will at best geolocate based on nearby Apple devices while they have a charge.

Stalkers and crooks and abusive exes would certainly all want the same sort of contact information you seek here, of course. And those same stalkers and crooks and abusive exes can also all be quite persistent and persuasive, too. There’s a reason this all works the way it does.

You would have been wise to provide them to the gate agent, but here we are.

Jun 21, 2022 7:45 PM in response to ludwig144

ludwig144 wrote:

I found AirPods Pro in a park in the grass and it’s telling me that the owner is tracking the AirPods can I contact them somehow?

No.

Apple will not identify the owner.

AirPods will report location when charged, and when within proximity of a device that can relay, such as an iPhone.

The owner can use that to locate the device, if they choose to.

You’ll want to turn them into local police, or to park administration, or similar.

found Airpods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.