Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Add Accessories to HomeKit

I recently had catastrophic wi-fi router failure and replaced the older Linksys Velop mesh system with a TP Link Deco system. After setup, my HomePods migrated to the new network automatically but I have 3 Meross Smart outlets that did not. I could not figure out a way to change the network for the devices within the Home app so I delete them and attempted to re-add them. After scanning the QR code I almost immediately get the following: "Unable to add accessory! To add this accessory to your home, connect your iPhone to your HomeKit enabled router, then try pairing. If this does not work restart the router." And I'm in an endless loop. I shouldn't need a HomeKit enabled router and rebooting does nothing. I've performed a factory reset on the outlets and get the same message.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 10:27 AM

I was able to resolve this in a way that now seems very obvious. I neglected to remove the old Wi-Fi system, which was a HomeKit enabled router, from the Home settings. After doing so the Security settings reverted back to before that system was setup and new accessories are finally recognized.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 24, 2022 3:05 PM in response to fiddlinist

It’s in the Home app Home Settings, I think. I’m sorry I don’t remember exactly where. But I noticed it at the top of the app where it tells you that you have devices running, or offline. The routers were showing up as offline so I tapped through until I was in the spot to remove them. Afterward the Meross devices showed up immediately. Good luck!

Jun 21, 2022 8:46 AM in response to stevemazich

Hi Steve -- Could you please explain how you removed the old WiFi system from Home settings? I have just replaced my five year old Linksys Velop system (which was "HomeKit Enabled") with an ASUS ZenWiFi Meshnet Router. (It apparently is NOT "HomeKit Enabled"). I cannot get any of my Meros Smart Plugs to re-pair with the new router (except for one which is still functional -- I have seven that are unable to connect. Do I need a different router?

Cannot Add Accessories to HomeKit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.