Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch calibration

Does anyone know why the Apple Watch is so far off as much as 12 feet on the exactly same route. I had a friend and we get totally different results with the exactly same settings, elevation, steps etc. someone told me the watch is just a toy and it’s accuracy is not respected by any health professional because it’s metrics are completely inaccurate most of the time.Is that true?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 6:09 PM

Hi there.

Have you tried calibrating your Apple Watch? If not, use the Related Article link above or here: Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

2 replies

Jun 8, 2022 7:22 PM in response to Owen_1001

Yeah I have reset the calibration. Reset the Watch and phone completely and have had to do this many times before also. It just seems like it’s never worked properly from day one. I’m just baffled by how two people with totally different results all the time with exactly the same settings same path but different results all the time. Plus or minus an inch I get it but 12 feet. Does anyone know where the gps signal is acquired from?

Apple Watch calibration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.