Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I delete a duplicate email account on my iPhone without loosing any information?

On my iPhone 11 I have 2 email accounts that are identical except for the account name, one's name is Gmail, the other 's name is my gmail address. Will I loose anything if I delete one of them?

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 1:30 PM

Hey Cruzzz1,

We'd be happy to assist. Gmail uses preconfigured IMAP accounts. What this means is that the information associated with that account is stored on the email server. Because of this, you can safely remove a Gmail account without worrying about data loss, as the data isn't stored locally. All you have to do to restore it, if for any reason any data was missing, is add the account back.

For more help, check out: Add and remove email accounts on iPhone - Apple Support

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2022 1:30 PM in response to Cruzzz1

Hey Cruzzz1,

We'd be happy to assist. Gmail uses preconfigured IMAP accounts. What this means is that the information associated with that account is stored on the email server. Because of this, you can safely remove a Gmail account without worrying about data loss, as the data isn't stored locally. All you have to do to restore it, if for any reason any data was missing, is add the account back.

For more help, check out: Add and remove email accounts on iPhone - Apple Support

Take care!

Can I delete a duplicate email account on my iPhone without loosing any information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.