Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the Apple Watch Series 3 being promoted in Apple Store as swim proof?

Why is this watch being promoted in Apple Store as splashproof, swimproof, surfproof without even a asterisk, indicating this is not true. This is only true if the watch is in swim mode, and I have been informed by Apple the watch loses any of the aforementioned characteristics over time. I was never informed of this in any literature, communications or notices. Why does Appple still promote iwatch 3 without any notice that the watch has to be put in swim mode or that the watch loses those capabilities over time.

Apple is forgetting what made them great!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 9:20 AM

2 replies

Jun 9, 2022 12:23 PM in response to Abraxasxyz

Apple Customer service indicated that since the watch was not put in swim mode it would not be splashproof, swimproof, surfproof. I am very disappointed the way I am being treated. My wife bought the watch because we are around a lot of water.

Even Apple Store claims splashproof, swimproof, surfproof without ever mentioning the downside that these features deteriorate over time. (seems like a escape clause to cover any problem out of warranty). Apple should disclose that the waterproofing deteriorates over time, I would have still bought the watch but would have not worn it around water.

I am an Apple fan. I even own quite a bit of Apple stock. I was a fan because Apple creates and sells good products and is very helpful. My current experience from Apple customer service has been horrible. They kept indicating that it was my fault for not having it in swim mode. They offered to service the watch for 3/4 price of a new one, not helpful. They also indicated to me that they would call me June 9 2022 between 10-11 they did not.

This is not the way Apple became great. If nothing else, please disclose on Apple Store that the proofing deteriorates over time.

Jun 9, 2022 10:53 AM in response to Abraxasxyz

Swim mode is only to lock the screen to prevent water pressure from activating it.

Also when being unlocked it helps to expel the water from the speaker.

You can swim without having water lock turned on. It does not affect the water resistance of the watch.

Yes the watch will over time become less water resistant as things loosen up and glues dry up or minor scratches/cracks start to open up to allow penetration. Called wear and tear.

Why is the Apple Watch Series 3 being promoted in Apple Store as swim proof?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.