Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to upgrade to OS X 10.15

i hava a macbook pro 2012 and i want it to upgrade to os X 10.15

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 10:16 AM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, click here, and then on the download link for Catalina.

Catalina and newer won't run 32-bit software; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To look other programs up, click here.

(219560)

2 replies

Jun 9, 2022 10:23 AM in response to symplyted2k

MacBook Pro 2102 models do appear to qualify for MacOS 10.15 Catalina. However, NO 32-bits only Apps are supported, and during attempted installation many (but maybe not all) of these Apps will be called out to you.

Once Catalan is installed 32-bit Apps will be DEAD to you.

Before proceeding, you MUST have a Trusted, local disk-based backup available. There is NO going back without such a backup, and also if the upgrade encounters issues, you may have to ERASE your drive to get ANY version of MacOS installed again.

macOS - How to Upgrade - Apple (UG)

EDIT: Niel's post was not visible when I began composing . Nothing I wrote is intended to diminish his excellent suggestions in any way.

how to upgrade to OS X 10.15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.