Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

scan document and save as template

I'm wanting to scan a document from a bank where parts but not all of the document will be changed every week (I can fill it out by hand but this might be easier) such as the date and the amount of money needed. How can I scan it and possibly save it as a template? I have scanned it but it goes directly to adobe even though I tried to send it to pages.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 11:08 AM

Pages cannot open PDF documents, nor can you scan directly into Pages. Scan to PDF, then if you have access to MS Word v16.31 or later, you can open the PDF and Word will convert it to Word .docx. Save that .docx file, and then you can open it in Pages which will convert it into the Pages document format. Save it as a new Pages Template.

If that original bank content document has form fields, your scanning software may or may not preserve these when scanned to PDF. Word may convert these to a Word .docx with form fields, but Pages does not support Word form fields and these will not import to it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2022 11:08 AM in response to j-hays

Pages cannot open PDF documents, nor can you scan directly into Pages. Scan to PDF, then if you have access to MS Word v16.31 or later, you can open the PDF and Word will convert it to Word .docx. Save that .docx file, and then you can open it in Pages which will convert it into the Pages document format. Save it as a new Pages Template.

If that original bank content document has form fields, your scanning software may or may not preserve these when scanned to PDF. Word may convert these to a Word .docx with form fields, but Pages does not support Word form fields and these will not import to it.

scan document and save as template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.