Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod and iMac connection

I needed a speaker for my iMac. Bought a HomePod as I thought this would be the most straightforward way of doing this but can't find out how to get them talking apart from through iTunes.

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 12:26 PM

You can select HomePod as an AirPlay destination from the Mac's volume control at the top of screen. See Use HomePod with Mac - Apple Support.

tt2

6 replies

Jun 11, 2022 11:44 PM in response to Michael Paine

Additional...I just resolved a wifi problem with my Apple TV 4K that would not connect to my Homepods after a change to my wifi setup. By chance I resolved it by unplugging the ethernet cable for the ATV, connecting it to wifi and then the Homepods. This worked and I found I could plug the ethernet cable back into the ATV and retain connection to the Homepods.

So... the Mac might have the same issue (unplug ethernet and connect via wifi)

Jun 13, 2022 12:09 PM in response to Michael Paine

For the record, I went systematically through all wifi connections ensuring all were on the same network and adjusted some settings on the Home app on my iPhone. Then slept on it. When I got up in the morning all devices happily streaming through the HomePod. Not sure whether it was a technical issue or my brain needed to recalibrate. But we are happy. Thank you

HomePod and iMac connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.