Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use homepod with ipad

How do I use my iPad to send music to my homepod

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 2:00 PM

Open the Home app, and use the + to add the HomePod. From there, you can access the HomePod from (for instance) iPad Control Center (swipe down from upper right), tap on the Music box in Control Center (though not on the ⏪⏸⏩ controls there), then tap the "control other speakers and TV" button, tap play or whatever. Your Music Player app on iPad will now default to playing the selected album or artist or playlist the selected HomePod.

Music will then stream from Apple to HomePod, via Apple Music subscription.

Details: Set up and use HomePod mini and HomePod - Apple Support

Once you have the Home app configured, you can also use Siri to (for instance) "Hey Siri {brief pause} please play the playlist Upbeat {brief pause} shuffled", or the name of whatever you want to listen to. No iPad involved.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2022 2:00 PM in response to Butchlife

Open the Home app, and use the + to add the HomePod. From there, you can access the HomePod from (for instance) iPad Control Center (swipe down from upper right), tap on the Music box in Control Center (though not on the ⏪⏸⏩ controls there), then tap the "control other speakers and TV" button, tap play or whatever. Your Music Player app on iPad will now default to playing the selected album or artist or playlist the selected HomePod.

Music will then stream from Apple to HomePod, via Apple Music subscription.

Details: Set up and use HomePod mini and HomePod - Apple Support

Once you have the Home app configured, you can also use Siri to (for instance) "Hey Siri {brief pause} please play the playlist Upbeat {brief pause} shuffled", or the name of whatever you want to listen to. No iPad involved.

How to use homepod with ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.