Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing form not the table

Hi,

in numbers can I share just the form not the tables for my managers to complete at end of every shift. Certain field I don’t want them to see or don’t want them to edit. Simply I want to leave certain field for them to enter every day and then submit or save.

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 10:40 AM

In order to enter data in the table, your managers would need Read and Write access to the file containing that table. That access applies to the whole document, not just the table that is the form.

The only way I see to get what you want is to place the table/form OR the field(s) you do not want the managers to have access to in a second document, then set permissions of each file to give them read-write access to only the file in which they are to record the end of shift data.

Transferring that data to the main document would then require either copy and paste or use of an AppleScript by you or someone with read-write access to both files.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2022 10:40 AM in response to afzal23uk

In order to enter data in the table, your managers would need Read and Write access to the file containing that table. That access applies to the whole document, not just the table that is the form.

The only way I see to get what you want is to place the table/form OR the field(s) you do not want the managers to have access to in a second document, then set permissions of each file to give them read-write access to only the file in which they are to record the end of shift data.

Transferring that data to the main document would then require either copy and paste or use of an AppleScript by you or someone with read-write access to both files.

Regards,

Barry

Sharing form not the table

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.