Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why I can’t still used my new Apple ID into AppStore. Still asking the old Apple ID which is it wasn’t working.

Why I can’t still use my new Apple ID into AppStore?

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 1:49 PM

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.  *

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2022 1:49 PM in response to mendalia

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.  *

Jun 15, 2022 4:52 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for responding about this matter. But sad to say I’m scared to delete any apps here because I cannot download again, it says need the password and even I tried to restart my phone it needs the password which the password won’t work anymore.I don’t why I didn’t do anything to harm my acct. it was suddenly say update the Apple ID but when I tried to update its always asking password and I t says Apple ID password not available. Can you please help me what to do? So meaning thing I did to follow the instructions and watching YouTube to gain the ideas but still the old acct. always appeared and won’t change into the new one.

Why I can’t still used my new Apple ID into AppStore. Still asking the old Apple ID which is it wasn’t working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.