Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB 2 audio interface drop outs

This is a known issue and I want to open a post to increase the odds of Apple fixing this.

I use a Behringer UMC404HD USB 2.0 Audio interface.

When my memory consumption is high, the audio interface will drop sound for about half a second. I have traced the issue to the following error message:

default	12:05:57.561507+0200	kernel	USB Sound assertion (Resetting engine due to immediate error on feedback) in /AppleInternal/Library/BuildRoots/608db4ba-c627-11ec-8d6b-76ed21fe9a34/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleUSBAudio/KEXT/AppleUSBAudioDevice.cpp at line 6724

It occurs exactly every time there is an audio glitch. This is unacceptable for a > $2000 laptop intended for professional audio uses.

I even tried using another USB-C dongle, but to no avail.

I have attached a few seconds of system logs during one of these glitches:

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 3:44 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 11, 2022 11:53 AM in response to juliusfromdarmstadt

Hello juliusfromdarmstadt,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you've done a great job trying to investigate this issue. If you haven't already, we recommend testing the issue in a different user account. This can help determine if the issue is user specific or system wide.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Let us know the results. Be sure to include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a great day!

USB 2 audio interface drop outs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.