Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photo storage limitations???

First I would like to store my complete Photos Library in iCloud Drive. If I am willing to pay for the space are there any limitations regarding the size or number of photos or videos and if so why?

Second I would to share the complete library with family members, I understand the limit is 5 now and 6 with iPad IOS 12. Do the shared users have the same ability to edit the photos as me the main user?

Third how does Photo Stream differ from storing my Photos Library and sharing the library?

I have read Apple’s terms and conditions regarding iCloud Drive use and I did not see any limitations on the size of a Photos Library or the number of photos or videos in the library.

Can someone help me better understand the storage of a Photo Library in iCloud or point me to a more complete resource pertinent to my questions?

Thank you in advance, the community forum has been a great resource tool for me in the past.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 6:16 AM

There are no limitations on the number of photos and videos, just your ultimate icloud storage limit. File types that can be uploaded are at: About iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream - Apple Support

To share photos, you would create a shared album and place photos and videos into the album. Add, remove, and edit photos in a shared album in Photos on Mac - Apple Support. Family sharing enables a shared album for family: Family Sharing - Apple

Photo stream is limited to the last 30 days and 1,000 items. About iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2022 6:16 AM in response to Mark Woods3

There are no limitations on the number of photos and videos, just your ultimate icloud storage limit. File types that can be uploaded are at: About iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream - Apple Support

To share photos, you would create a shared album and place photos and videos into the album. Add, remove, and edit photos in a shared album in Photos on Mac - Apple Support. Family sharing enables a shared album for family: Family Sharing - Apple

Photo stream is limited to the last 30 days and 1,000 items. About iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream - Apple Support

iCloud photo storage limitations???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.