Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone back camera and flashlight randomly stopped working

my back camera and flashlight randomly stopped working. i haven’t dropped my

phone recently or anything. it just shows a black screen when i try to take a photo with back camera and my flashlight will say it’s on but no light is on

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 6:47 AM

8 replies

Jun 12, 2022 9:04 AM in response to jineifbfon

Well, perhaps you should back up your phone or sync your photos (or better yet, do both). Suppose you dropped your phone in a toilet or it fell under a bus?

See→How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. You can enable automatic nightly backups, so you don’t even have to think about it until you need a backup.

Jun 12, 2022 7:50 AM in response to jineifbfon

Have it your way. But the only way to fix it, if you have tried restarting your phone or restoring a backup, is to contact Apple or make a genius bar appointment. If a restart doesn’t fix it then it is 100% a hardware problem whether you want to believe it or not. There are over 500 million iPhones that have been updated. How many of those have the problem you describe? If it was a bug it would be all or most of them and this forum would be overwhelmed with posts about it.

My iPhone back camera and flashlight randomly stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.