Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Timing Issues w/ Keynote Video and Slideshow

I have a Keynote that contains a video on one slide, followed by a number of static slides.

I want the video to play in its entirety, then have the slides each appear -- and loop so the whole thing starts again automatically.

How do I set this up? I've been looking through help documents and videos to try to figure this out, but I still can't get it to work. The video is about 4:30 and I multiplied that to get 270 seconds and put that on the first slide, but it doesn't play all the way through and immediately goes to the second slide. Then those slides were playing/switching too fast.

How do I set up something like this to work correctly?

Thank you!

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 2:32 PM

Playing a video automatically in Keynote

• First  go to Inspector > Document > Document; in the  Presentation Type dropdown menu; select Normal

[the Inspector is the side panel on the right of the slide]

• click in the Navigator panel, [the side panel on the left of the slide]

• go to Edit > Select All

• Go to Inspector /Animate,  [the Inspector is the side panel on the right of the slide]

• in the Start Transition dropdown menu select: Automatically

• in the delay box, enter a value for the amount of time all the slides should be on screen

• in the Navigator, select the thumbnail which contains the video

• Go to Inspector /Animate,  [the Inspector is the side panel on the right of the slide]

• in the delay box, enter 270 seconds [the amount of time the video should be on screen]

• The video duration can be found by clicking once on the video on the slide to select, then Go to Inspector / Format / Movie; the right hand trim slider shows the video duration

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2022 2:32 PM in response to krislynch

Playing a video automatically in Keynote

• First  go to Inspector > Document > Document; in the  Presentation Type dropdown menu; select Normal

[the Inspector is the side panel on the right of the slide]

• click in the Navigator panel, [the side panel on the left of the slide]

• go to Edit > Select All

• in the delay box, enter a value for the amount of time all the slides should be on screen

• in the Navigator, select the thumbnail which contains the video

• in the delay box, enter 270 seconds [the amount of time the video should be on screen]

• The video duration can be found by clicking once on the video on the slide to select, then Go to Inspector / Format / Movie; the right hand trim slider shows the video duration

Timing Issues w/ Keynote Video and Slideshow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.