Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer my data from an iMacBook air to a new iPad Pro?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 10:16 AM

That's going to be very difficult. MacBook Air is MacOS. iPad is iPadOS. They are not the same type of device. You can transfer data from a MacBook to another MacBook. You can transfer data from an iPad to another iPad. You don't transfer data from a MacBook to an iPad.

That said, you can sync file from a MacBook to an iPad and these directions will tell you how --> Sync files from your Mac to iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Here's a link to help you with iCloud services from your Mac to your iPad --> Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2022 10:16 AM in response to J-M-B-T

That's going to be very difficult. MacBook Air is MacOS. iPad is iPadOS. They are not the same type of device. You can transfer data from a MacBook to another MacBook. You can transfer data from an iPad to another iPad. You don't transfer data from a MacBook to an iPad.

That said, you can sync file from a MacBook to an iPad and these directions will tell you how --> Sync files from your Mac to iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Here's a link to help you with iCloud services from your Mac to your iPad --> Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.