Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6s is locked to owner. how can I BYPASS!? F.I.Y.- i have no idea who the owner is or how to reach him. i do not remember password I used to set up account. i need more advanced methods to unlock..

my iphone 6s is locked to owner. i ltried multable authenticated codes to try bypassing the locked phone nothing worked.

any ideas on how to bypass? this is t furthest i gottin...

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 10:16 PM

5 replies

Jun 14, 2022 9:48 PM in response to TheLittles

its my friend phone. he forgot his apple id passwod. he is scatter brianed.. he held on to phone but has since used other phones and switched over to android. i got the phone to work again used itunes to restore phone, but now am stuck behind iclouds locking the device.

update on progress...

i did manage to be able to use the phone again in another portal. a new dns address that allowed me to bypass icloud. but the phone is still locked.

Jun 14, 2022 9:53 PM in response to Gaboa

Gaboa Said:

"[...]i did manage to be able to use the phone again in another portal. a new dns address that allowed me to bypass icloud. but the phone is still locked."

-------

Troubleshooting a Locked iPhone:

The iPhone is locked. So, get this serviced.

Hold it Right There!

Being Locked Out...

Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good. So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot the Passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is Disabled - Apple Support. It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

No Success?

Contact Apple support:

If you cannot get the above link to work, then contact Apple Support.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through.

Jun 10, 2022 11:19 PM in response to Gaboa

Gaboa Said:

"iphone 6s is locked to owner. how can I BYPASS!? F.I.Y.- i have no idea who the owner is or how to reach him. i do not remember password I used to set up account. i need more advanced methods to unlock..: my iphone 6s is locked to owner. i ltried multable authenticated codes to try bypassing the locked phone nothing worked. any ideas on how to bypass? this is t furthest i gottin..."

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Troubleshooting "Locked to Owner":

Is this a Used iPhone?

Request a Refund:

Seems you've been scammed, though a full assumption on my part. So, ask this person for a refund. This is the site they should have used: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. The seller should have known better.

Learn from This:

Next time you go about purchasing a device from someone, request that they let you log into your own iCloud account on it, prior to handing over the money. If they decide to disabled by those rules you've set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction.

Jun 10, 2022 10:38 PM in response to Gaboa

I had this same problem after I purchased an iPhone from a good friend. Even his information wouldn’t help. I went to an Apple store to get it fixed. I first spent several hours with apple support who were just a frustrated as I that all had not worked. Turned out my data cord was not working well enough. Though it was so much easier when the Apple team fixed it at their support center

iphone 6s is locked to owner. how can I BYPASS!? F.I.Y.- i have no idea who the owner is or how to reach him. i do not remember password I used to set up account. i need more advanced methods to unlock..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.