Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help erase email Preferences please

I have corrupted email files which prevent me creating new, clean, email account. Logs show unwanted colons in server record of email addresses.

Previous o/s had email preference file in Library which could be trashed to solve this problem.

In Yosamite I cannot find email preference files to trash.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Where are those pesky files lurking?

iMac, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 1:59 PM

Howdy,

I try to find the correct Preference file(s) by viewing the Preferences folder by list, sorted by date, then make a change to the desired app and see what pops to the top.

I also like to use PLIST Editor to look into the Preference files (you can search in them too) to verify that I'm playing with the correct one.

In this case, the Mail Preferences don't seem to be in the Preferences folder, but in the ~/Library/Mail/ folder.

Specifically for Mail accounts, in ~/Library/Mail/V2/MailData/Accounts.plist

When I look in that plist with PLIST Editor, I see my Mail account with the details.

ivan

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2022 1:59 PM in response to Australopithicus01

Howdy,

I try to find the correct Preference file(s) by viewing the Preferences folder by list, sorted by date, then make a change to the desired app and see what pops to the top.

I also like to use PLIST Editor to look into the Preference files (you can search in them too) to verify that I'm playing with the correct one.

In this case, the Mail Preferences don't seem to be in the Preferences folder, but in the ~/Library/Mail/ folder.

Specifically for Mail accounts, in ~/Library/Mail/V2/MailData/Accounts.plist

When I look in that plist with PLIST Editor, I see my Mail account with the details.

ivan

Help erase email Preferences please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.