Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder not working inside apps

Does anyone know a permanent fix to the problem mentioned in the thread referenced below? Should this be resolved by a software fix from Apple? If so, does anyone know whether or not is will be included soon?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253580300

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 2:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 4:38 AM

Okay, performed your actions.

1 - Done, validated that I am in safe mode through Apple Logo > About > System overview > Software

2 - No, finder pop-up functioning normally both in Safari and Spark

3 - Do you want me to shut down the MBP now and start normally?

12 replies

Jun 11, 2022 3:55 AM in response to PRP_53

Usually I would say 'no problem at all, here you go'. But I ran into similar issues in the preference pane. As I did not give EtreCheck full drive access I had to rerun de report again. However, I was not able to use my mouse or any keys in de App

le Preferences pane. Therefore I did a restart of my MBP. EtreCheck showed me I had an unsaved report, but I was not able to use any of the buttons in the popup pane (delete, save etc.). I force quite EtreCheck and restarted my MBP. The problem seems to be solved by the restart Itself, but I am not sure whether it will return.

Please note. The report below is therefore based on the situation I am able to select and use the Finder popup pane in Safari and Spark.

Jun 11, 2022 6:35 AM in response to FiveMenM

Good.

But as long as were are here - that same report is shown the jackpot of JackPots for damaging Applications installed and used on this computer

[Not Loaded] com.macpaw.CleanMyMac4.Updater.plist (MacPaw Inc. - installed 2022-05-18)

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and comprising the Operating System

Any of the below should be removed as per Developers Instructions 

This will include CleanMyMac and do suggest taking a moment to read some of the many posting specific to this Application.

This application may be directly related to and caused by the are mentioned Application.

There has been sufficient advise / suggestions offered for the User to make an informed and educated choice what the next course of action is required.

EDITED for added Informations.

The suggestions have been put forth on a volunteer basis, in good faith and in the best interests of the computer.

Finder not working inside apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.