Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to keep the floating keyboard from moving around?

I have an external keyboard that I use for my ipad, so 99.9% of the time I don’t need to use the onscreen keyboard, and I keep it minimized. However, when the floating keyboard is up, it defaults to the bottom right of my screen (in landscape mode, so the bottom left if I were to hold it upright in portrait mode). This is really annoying to me, because on most messenger and document-editing apps, including the ones I use most frequently for work, the floating keyboard covers the main “Send”/“Edit” buttons. I am constantly flicking it away to the bottom left side, where it doesn’t get in my way, but it always zooms back to the bottom right.

Is there any way I can change this default setting and lock the floating keyboard somewhere? Or at least stop it from moving around unless I move it?

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 6:58 AM

See this link which tells you about the keyboard and to use the gray bar to move it where you want. You can't permanently change the default location, but you can easily move it where you want.

Use the floating keyboard on your iPad - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Is there a way to keep the floating keyboard from moving around?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.