Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erase all content and settings!

All of a sudden I have this msg on my iPhone 11! This appeared as I was ending a Facetime call with my daughter. I was not even trying to use my passcode (which I remember perfectly well, by the way).

Why on Earth would I want to erase all content and settings on my iPhone!?!?

A bit later: I turned the phone OFF and then back ON. Now it states that "iPhone Unavailable try again in 59 minutes"!!! It's been 59 minutes for many minutes now!!!

Could this be caused by the latest version of IOS?

Thanks.

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 3:08 PM

Frankly, not very helpful... you're just re-posting an Apple Support post that is easily available on the Web! And that adresses a different problem ("If you forgot your iPhone passcode"!!! As stated in my original post, I DID NOT FORGET MY PASSCODE!!!)

And, there is NO WAY I'm going to erase all my data!!!

I simply waited the required 59 minutes and was then able to sign in normally.

BTW: the cause of the problem may have been this: I was mowing the lawn; the iPhone was in one of my pockets. I suspect it overheated (in my experience, iPhones are very sensitive to heat: if I left my previous iPhone (Model 10) in my shirt pocket, it would eventually overheat and lock me out).

Anyway, problem solved.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2022 3:08 PM in response to frazzm737

Frankly, not very helpful... you're just re-posting an Apple Support post that is easily available on the Web! And that adresses a different problem ("If you forgot your iPhone passcode"!!! As stated in my original post, I DID NOT FORGET MY PASSCODE!!!)

And, there is NO WAY I'm going to erase all my data!!!

I simply waited the required 59 minutes and was then able to sign in normally.

BTW: the cause of the problem may have been this: I was mowing the lawn; the iPhone was in one of my pockets. I suspect it overheated (in my experience, iPhones are very sensitive to heat: if I left my previous iPhone (Model 10) in my shirt pocket, it would eventually overheat and lock me out).

Anyway, problem solved.

Erase all content and settings!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.