Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My husband sees my photos on his phone - different ID

I plugged my husbands iPhone into his pc accidentally using my iTunes account and now he sees all my photos on his phone. He feels like his phone has been hijacked because there are thousands of them and he can’t delete them! Help please

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 5:34 PM

Did somebody happen to do a sync in iTunes, while connected to that Windows system? Because if so, and if Photos sync was selected, then whatever photos were in iTunes in that Windows system are now on that iPhone. And since they’re sync’d from iTunes, they won’t be delectable on the iPhone, short of re-sync’ing with iTunes without the Photo sync selected.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2022 5:34 PM in response to Veroczyklari

Did somebody happen to do a sync in iTunes, while connected to that Windows system? Because if so, and if Photos sync was selected, then whatever photos were in iTunes in that Windows system are now on that iPhone. And since they’re sync’d from iTunes, they won’t be delectable on the iPhone, short of re-sync’ing with iTunes without the Photo sync selected.

Jun 12, 2022 11:17 AM in response to Veroczyklari

Veroczyklari wrote:

And do I sync again in iTunes with my ID or my husband’s please?
many thanks

Have backups of the photos you want to keep!

You’ll probably end up blowing away the photos within the iTunes sync settings.

I’m not sure it matters which gets used for that Photos deletion, but the rest of the sync will sync other items so I’d use whichever iTunes has the desired contents.

Usual suggestion would be using iTunes to sync from a user-specific login on Windows.

Sharing a login, well, shares. Including photos and playlists and the rest.

This is probably headed toward deleting and resetting the whole iPhone environment and starting over, if there isn’t a backup from prior to the errant sync.

And this all assumes this was an errant sync in a shared iTunes…

Jun 12, 2022 2:13 PM in response to Veroczyklari

Mr. Hoffman your response was spot on. I created an iTunes account for my husband with his ID then backed up his phone to his computer. I then unclicked photos and synced his phone and did the same on my iTunes. Nothing happened until I went back to his phone and turned iCloud on and off. I was told this would delete 10000 photos.

i was left with 495 recents, but watched it repopulate over the next half hour until all of his (and only his) returned!

he is a happy man so thank you so much for your help. 👍👍

My husband sees my photos on his phone - different ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.