Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

False fall detection on Apple watch

My Apple Watch is fairly new about six months ago. I’ve had at least four false fault detection alarms. I’ve caught them each time and dismiss them but I’m concerned I might not be quick enough to do that. Once I was doing yoga and went from standing to sitting, no fall. Another time I was lying down on a PMF mat and it went off. Another time I was sitting and meditating. I don’t remember the fourth time. Once when I did actually fall. Nothing happened. I haven’t called them yet but I guess I should. What good is it if it doesn’t work properly?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 8

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 7:37 PM

Apple Watch cannot detect all falls. Your watch might detect high-impact activity as a fall and trigger fall detection. Unfortunately, there are no sensitivity adjustments for fall detection. It is either on or off. For more info, see:

Use fall detection with Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you would like to bring this to Apple's attention, use this link:

Product Feedback - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2022 7:37 PM in response to Barbrida

Apple Watch cannot detect all falls. Your watch might detect high-impact activity as a fall and trigger fall detection. Unfortunately, there are no sensitivity adjustments for fall detection. It is either on or off. For more info, see:

Use fall detection with Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you would like to bring this to Apple's attention, use this link:

Product Feedback - Apple

False fall detection on Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.