Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps not working in Monterey 12.4

So, I recently updated my Mac to the new version Monterey 12.4 and nothing seems to work anymore. Browsers other than safari refuse to open, deleting them and reinstalling them doesn't seem to do anything, apps like discord do not even open and crash immediately, restarting the Mac, force quitting the app and reopening nothing seems to work at the moment. So if there is any solution to this other than the ones that dont work on the website I would really appreciate it.

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 2:12 AM

3 replies

Jun 13, 2022 10:55 AM in response to pranab17

I have had a similar issue. After upgrading my MacBook Pro and iMac Pro to Monterey 12.4, the TV app no longer works. I only get audio without any video. I also experienced a few crashes on my MacBook Pro. Reminds me of the Windows Blue Screen!

If you have an Intel-based Mac, do not upgrade to the latest Monterey 12.4. Sadly, it appears that they are entirely abandoning their existing customers still owning Intel-based Macs.

I reached out to Apple Support and they have just passed me around between their teams with no results.

Apps not working in Monterey 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.