Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

subtitle created on fotos in Iphone XR is not visible on Mac OS Monterey after synchronization

Is the subtitle you add to a foto in the App Foto on the iPhone not transferred to the App Foto on the Mac if you synchronize fotos?

If not, what is the use to maintain subtitles on the iPhone?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 1:33 PM

The only thing I can find that might be a "subtitle" is the Caption field in iOS Photos.

The macOS Photos has a Title field and a Caption field.

The Title field doesn't seem to have an equivalent in iOS.

If I enter a Caption on either, it gets synchronized.

6 replies

Jun 12, 2022 9:29 AM in response to Lucy_Pelt

Lucy_Pelt wrote:

Is the subtitle you add to a foto in the App Foto on the iPhone not transferred to the App Foto on the Mac if you synchronize fotos?
If not, what is the use to maintain subtitles on the iPhone?

"App Foto" what is this third party..(?)

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility/updates:

Contact a third party vendor

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Jun 14, 2022 11:45 AM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks for your replies!

In iOS Photos there is only one field were you can maintain a text (field name in German "Untertitel" which can be translated with subtitle and/ or caption).

In macOS Photos there are 3 fields (top down in German: "Titel" (title), "Bildtitel" (caption) and "Schlagwort" (keyword)).

I again imported one picture to macOS Photos, with the caption field maintained in iOS Photos. The field is not transferred! Do you have any idea why not?

subtitle created on fotos in Iphone XR is not visible on Mac OS Monterey after synchronization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.