Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset stolen iPhone

my iPhone was stolen and a some number is trying to contact me to get my iPhone passcode. How can I reset the lost iPhone?I already marked the iPhone as lost on find my iPhone

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 11:19 AM

You did the right thing. If it is in Lost mode no one can use your phone. You can also erase it, but if you do you can’t track it (which probably doesn’t matter, because you aren’t going to get it back, anyway).

Just don’t remove it from your account, and don’t fall for any phishing scams like this one: You may get a text or email from “Apple” or “Apple Security” (or sometimes “Police”) saying your phone has been found and to click on a link to see its location. This is NEVER from Apple or from law enforcement; it is from the thief or fence to steal your Apple ID and identity. Delete any such message without responding to it. Apple never gets involved in lost or stolen devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2022 11:19 AM in response to Danieldvir

You did the right thing. If it is in Lost mode no one can use your phone. You can also erase it, but if you do you can’t track it (which probably doesn’t matter, because you aren’t going to get it back, anyway).

Just don’t remove it from your account, and don’t fall for any phishing scams like this one: You may get a text or email from “Apple” or “Apple Security” (or sometimes “Police”) saying your phone has been found and to click on a link to see its location. This is NEVER from Apple or from law enforcement; it is from the thief or fence to steal your Apple ID and identity. Delete any such message without responding to it. Apple never gets involved in lost or stolen devices.

Reset stolen iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.