Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Favorites sequence in Safari

I don't know if this is a Safari or MacOS issue. iMac, OS 12.4 (Monterey), Safari 15.5, all updates installed routinely. Several devices (second iMac, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones) share same Apple ID and network. The iOS systems also are fully updated.

For the last month or two, when one or more devices opens a Favorites bookmark, soon all devices show that bookmark at the top of the Favorites sequence at the top of the Safari page. What can be done to not change the Favorites ordering?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 3:05 PM

HHHMD wrote:

Thanks. It doesn't really seem to be frequency related: whatever Favorites link we have used most recently, especially on one of our iPhones, goes to the front of the sequence.

So no way to override this? Is it built in to Monterey?

FYI, I have spent a cumulative 2+ hours in several Apple support phone calls, with a senior advisor. She thought this isn't normal. We've left the ticket open; if I decide to address it to conclusion, if I pursue it, she will transfer me to an "engineer" (or some such terminology).

It's not too big a deal, but I'd prefer to keep the set sequence without modification based on recent usage. Thanks again.

Also happy to hear any others' advice! Thanks to all.

Use Continuity to work across Apple devices

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2022 3:05 PM in response to HHHMD

HHHMD wrote:

Thanks. It doesn't really seem to be frequency related: whatever Favorites link we have used most recently, especially on one of our iPhones, goes to the front of the sequence.

FYI, I have spent a cumulative 2+ hours in several Apple support phone calls, with a senior advisor. She thought this isn't normal. We've left the ticket open; if I decide to address it to conclusion, if I pursue it, she will transfer me to an "engineer" (or some such terminology).

It's not too big a deal, but I'd prefer to keep the set sequence without modification based on recent usage. Thanks again.

Use Continuity to work across Apple devices

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

Jun 12, 2022 1:58 PM in response to HHHMD

Should about normal.

All the devices are syncing from one device to another device based upon the Frequency by which that specific Favourite Site is visited from any of the Devices.

At least, that is what is happening with 2 Apple M1 Computer Monterey 12.4 and iPhone 12 iOS 15.5 and through in a circa 2011 Mac Mini running High Sierra 10.3.6

Jun 12, 2022 2:25 PM in response to PRP_53

Favorites sequence in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.