Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod mini and personal device

I have a Level Lock connected to HomeKit. I want my HomePod Mini to be the hub that allows me to control the lock or others i authorize to control it. I can lock the device from HomePod Mini no issue. However when I ask Homepod mini siri to unlock it demands i continue form my personal device (iphone). I've tried resetting, turning personal requests on/off. Nothing fixes this. Unfortunately when in HomeKit, Homepod mini settings and turning on personal requests I do not even see settings for authentication which i've read should be set to Never. I can't seem to do this because it does not even show up. Any recommendations would be appreciated. How do i fix this issue?

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 3:47 PM

I don’t believe there is a “ never” in regards to personal requests. It’s either on or off. Personal requests will not work if you have wifi turned off, Airplane Mode enabled on your iPhone Or if something else is amiss like it’s not signed into iCloud or you got a new phone

You need to enable recognize my voice as well. Have a look through this document to be sure everything is set up correctly and to troubleshoot: Set up voice recognition on HomePod mini or HomePod - Apple Support

Although it does say “HomePod might require authentication for some requests and will send a notification to your iPhone to authenticate the task. If you have more than one HomePod in your home, you can turn Personal Requests on or off for each HomePod.”. I never get asked to authenticate but with a lock (I don’t have), this would relate to your home being secure.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2022 3:47 PM in response to Dunnowhodoes

I don’t believe there is a “ never” in regards to personal requests. It’s either on or off. Personal requests will not work if you have wifi turned off, Airplane Mode enabled on your iPhone Or if something else is amiss like it’s not signed into iCloud or you got a new phone

You need to enable recognize my voice as well. Have a look through this document to be sure everything is set up correctly and to troubleshoot: Set up voice recognition on HomePod mini or HomePod - Apple Support

Although it does say “HomePod might require authentication for some requests and will send a notification to your iPhone to authenticate the task. If you have more than one HomePod in your home, you can turn Personal Requests on or off for each HomePod.”. I never get asked to authenticate but with a lock (I don’t have), this would relate to your home being secure.

Homepod mini and personal device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.