Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rotating video Clip in FCPx Library without using the Timeline?

I know how to rotate clip in Timeline. But is it possible to rotate it in Library itself.

issue: On Glidecam, I shoot lot of clips upside down. to get just 3 to 4 seconds of footage, i have to bring all clips to timeline, rotate (Transform) 180 degrees, cut it and remove rest of the clips.

is there simple way?

(I also want the original RAW footage to be rotated too, if I could)

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 5:24 PM

How many clips are you talking about?

To do this in the browser, start by selecting the clip. Use Clip>Open Clip. You are inside the clip container. Use the transform function to rotate the clip 180 degrees.

2 replies

Jun 12, 2022 8:49 PM in response to bhanu.cps

If you are running Monterey you can rotate clips in the Finder. Open a finder window select the View menu and then select “as Columns.” Select the clips you want to rotate. At the bottom of the preview pane is a Rotate Left button. Click it twice for 180 degree rotation. This need to be done before importing into FCP. Use Tom’s solution if the clips are already in FCP.

Rotating video Clip in FCPx Library without using the Timeline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.