Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to toggle off the double tap zoom on ipad Gen 9 .

When i am on a math game that need speed, i tap a double digit quickly , it doesn't capture my answer but instead zoom the screen. How do i off this function?

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 12:46 AM

Check these options:

• Settings>Accessibility>Zoom... disable it
  • Settings>Accessibility>Touch>Assistive Touch... disable it
  • Settings>Accessibility>Touch>Touch Accommodations, and turn touch accommodations on. Then, go down to, “Ignore Repeat.” Turn it on, and adjust the duration to your liking (make some tests). If you make any sudden taps too quickly, it will not be registered (such as quick double taps).
  • Settings>Display&Brightness>Zoom = standard

When done, restart your iPad(s).

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2022 12:46 AM in response to Lynjia

Check these options:

• Settings>Accessibility>Zoom... disable it
  • Settings>Accessibility>Touch>Assistive Touch... disable it
  • Settings>Accessibility>Touch>Touch Accommodations, and turn touch accommodations on. Then, go down to, “Ignore Repeat.” Turn it on, and adjust the duration to your liking (make some tests). If you make any sudden taps too quickly, it will not be registered (such as quick double taps).
  • Settings>Display&Brightness>Zoom = standard

When done, restart your iPad(s).

Regards

Giulio

How to toggle off the double tap zoom on ipad Gen 9 .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.