Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security Lockout

Saw this (see image) after I removed my iPhone from my pocket. I can only access the emergency button at the bottom. How can I remove ‘Security Lockout' without erasing my iPhone 12 pro? Please assist.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 1:31 AM

1 reply

Jun 14, 2022 7:39 AM in response to MadRobs

Hi MadRobs,

There is no other alternative but to erase your iPhone when you see this screen. If you have a recent backup, you can restore it to your iPhone once the erase process has completed. Learn more here: How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode

1. From your device's Lock Screen, try entering your passcode until the "[Device] Unavailable" screen appears and your device asks you to try again later. When you're able to, continue trying to enter your passcode until the "Security Lockout" screen appears and you get the Erase [Device] option in the bottom corner of the screen.
2. Tap Erase [Device], then tap Erase [Device] again to confirm.
3. Enter your Apple ID password to sign out of your Apple ID on your device.
4. Tap Erase [Device] to permanently delete all of your data and settings.
5. When your device restarts, follow the onscreen instructions to set up your device again, restore your data and settings from a backup, and set a new passcode.

If you need help locating backups, this article will walk you through the steps: Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Best regards.

Security Lockout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.