Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey - You are unable to log in to the user account "xxxx" at this time. Logging in to the account failed because an error occurred

After getting the disk on my iMac replaced after a major fail, I restored from time machine, but now I get the title message when I tried to sign on.

The only thing I found online was the single user reboot and rm /var/db/.applesetupdone trick. On Monterey that directory doesn’t exist. I can create another admin but because of a widespread use of my uid I don’t really want to go that route. Looking for solutions.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 5:57 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 13, 2022 6:47 AM in response to wickund

wickund wrote:

After getting the disk on my iMac replaced after a major fail, I restored from time machine, but now I get the title message when I tried to sign on.

The only thing I found online was the single user reboot and rm /var/db/.applesetupdone trick. On Monterey that directory doesn’t exist. I can create another admin but because of a widespread use of my uid I don’t really want to go that route. Looking for solutions.

It is there is Monterey...(?)

the complete path in Monterey

/private/var/db/.applesetupdone 

Monterey - You are unable to log in to the user account "xxxx" at this time. Logging in to the account failed because an error occurred

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.