Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email stopped syncing across devices

Until a couple of weeks ago, when I deleted an email on my iPad, it would be deleted on my iPhone and iMac. When I moved the email to a folder on any device, it would be moved on all devices. Incoming settings shows: IMAP Path Prefix / with nothing after it. Server Port is identical on the iPad and iPhone.

Both the iPhone SE second generation and iPad are updated to iOS 15.5.

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 8:24 AM

Your IMAP Path Prefix is determined by the Mail provider; “/“ is entirely normal for perhaps the majority of Mail providers.

Email synchronisation is a function of the IMAP server. If deleted or moved Mail massages are not being synchronised with (or from) a single device, it is very likely that something is amiss with its Mail account settings.

If the settings are consistent with other devices that continue to operate as expected, it is often simplest to delete the Mail account from the affected device - then force-restart the device before re-adding the Mail account.

To delete an email account:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Email Account] > Delete Account

Forced restart:

Force restart iPad - Apple Support

Re-add email account:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2022 8:24 AM in response to compconsult

Your IMAP Path Prefix is determined by the Mail provider; “/“ is entirely normal for perhaps the majority of Mail providers.

Email synchronisation is a function of the IMAP server. If deleted or moved Mail massages are not being synchronised with (or from) a single device, it is very likely that something is amiss with its Mail account settings.

If the settings are consistent with other devices that continue to operate as expected, it is often simplest to delete the Mail account from the affected device - then force-restart the device before re-adding the Mail account.

To delete an email account:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Email Account] > Delete Account

Forced restart:

Force restart iPad - Apple Support

Re-add email account:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Email stopped syncing across devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.