Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location History

i cant open the past location log on my significant locations

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 10:59 AM

3 replies

Jun 29, 2022 9:49 AM in response to ChargerJoe

ChargerJoe wrote:

What? Are you saying Apple disabled my ability to view my location history on my Iphone? If so, what “apps” can I use to get this info?

From Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services>Significant Locations:

Allow your iPhone and iCloud Connected devices to learn places significant to you in order to provide useful location-related information in Maps, Calendar, iPhotos and more. Significant Locations are end-to-end encrypted and cannot be read by Apple.

So, in order to perform the functions for which Apple intended to collect the data, it's not necessary for the end-user to be able to look at it. You can certainly let apple know you'd like a different sort of feature here:

Product Feedback - Apple

There are, I'm sure, lots of apps that will let you track your location history. I believe Google has ways of doing that if you have a Google account (I won't even begin to talk about the privacy ramifications there). An app that has been recommended by a couple of people is called Life Cycle.

Location History

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.