Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I have an iPhone8 and the Message do not contain boxes like spam box. How can I see the messages coming to my spam box? Can you help me?

Hi, I have an iPhone8 and the Message do not contain boxes like spam box. How can I see the messages coming to my spam box? Can you help me?

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 2:05 PM

No such thing as a spam box in the Messages App. There is no way to identify a text message as SPAM. You can choose to block a number so you don't get messages form it, nor not block it, so you get messages from it. No other options exist for Messages.

If you mean email, your email accounts are the ones that hold the spam or junk mailboxes. Check your email provider for those.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2022 2:05 PM in response to ag278

No such thing as a spam box in the Messages App. There is no way to identify a text message as SPAM. You can choose to block a number so you don't get messages form it, nor not block it, so you get messages from it. No other options exist for Messages.

If you mean email, your email accounts are the ones that hold the spam or junk mailboxes. Check your email provider for those.

Jun 15, 2022 8:17 AM in response to ag278

There's no way for anyone to have a Junk/ Spam box in the default Apple Messages App. The feature simply does not exist there.

Don't know what the Best Buy person showed you, but it's unlikely it was the Apple Messages App. Was it maybe some other messaging app such as WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger instead?

Did you ask the Best Buy person how they got that spam/junk box?

As I said, contacts may be blocked, so you would not get their messages at all. You can go to Settings->Messages->Blocked Contacts to see a list of numbers you have blocked, and see if the contact that is sending you those lost messages is blocked.

Again, there are no Junk/spam boxes in Apple's default Messages App.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.